SOHO20 welcomes women, transgender and gender non-conforming artists of all ages and at all different points in their careers to become part of our community. SOHO20 is currently accepting membership applications at all levels. SOHO20 will also consider a plural membership for artists who are working collaboratively or collectively with other artists, whereby two or more artists can apply to SOHO20 under one membership.
+ FULL MEMBERSHIP:
Full membership includes one solo show every two years in the selected gallery and participation in a group show in alternate years. In addition to these exhibition opportunities, all members receive the following benefits with membership:
- Artist representation on SOHO20's website
- Opportunities for artist-led events (i.e. artist talks, panel discussions, etc.)
- SOHO20 Gallery's Director and assistants are available for professional support and consultation
- Opportunities for studio visits, critiques and discussions
- Access to SOHO20 for fiscal sponsorship
Members are required to make a two-year commitment to the gallery. Initiation fees can be paid in installments during the first 6 months of membership.Gallery I – Monthly dues of $330 / $370 (at large*) and a one-time initiation fee of $500
Gallery II – Monthly dues of $165 / $205 (at large*) and a one-time initiation fee of $300
+ NATIONAL AFFILIATE MEMBERSHIP:
Yearly dues of $1100. Affiliates participate in our annual National Affiliates group exhibition and also receive all of the shared benefits of membership.
REQUIREMENTS OF MEMBERSHIP:
- Payment of dues in a timely fashion.
- Each member is required to abide by the rules set forth in the by-laws of SOHO20 and in its manual of operations.
- Participation in the operations of the organization by doing committee work and attending monthly meetings (unless claiming at large status).
- Each member is responsible for the costs of her publicity and advertising, with the exception of those listings paid for by SOHO20.
- Each member must sign a renewable contract for a 24-month period.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS:
Women, transgender and gender non-conforming artists wishing to apply to one of the above categories are invited to submit the following:
- A completed online application form.
- Up to 10 images and/or 3 videos of recent work. All images must be .jpg, .png, .mov, .mp4, or .avi format, and must be labeled in the following format:
- A separate list, numbered to correspond with the included images or videos. The list should include title, medium, size, and date.
- A recent CV or resume, including education, exhibitions, and other relevant information in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
- A brief (no more than one page) artist's statement about the work in .pdf, .doc, or .docx format.
- Up to three catalogues, reviews, and/or brochures about your work. (Optional)
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
Once a month, except in August, the members of SOHO20 carefully review membership applications. After an initial approval, a request will be made to meet with our members and potentially see actual work at SOHO20. In order for an applicant to become a member, there must be a two-thirds majority vote in her/their favor.
Please contact the gallery at 718-366-3661 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org